Friday, January 23, 2009

Notes from the PigPen

How appropriate that my friend should invite me to post on a blog entitled Wallow Press.  Wallowing, among other things, is something that pigs enjoy doing.  And right now, I equate my personal situation with that of my porcine friends in that:

1)  Pigs are fat (they can't help it, people stuff them full of garbage in order to create better bacon)
2) Pigs eat garbage (see above)
3) Pigs live in a sty.

Now, why, you might ask, do I feel I can relate to that?

Well, ever since I discovered that I WEIGH MORE THAN OPRAH (according to her, I think she's fudging her numbers...) I've been WALLOWING in self pity.  Not that I should be allowed any pity, because I am the one who controls ALL THE GARBAGE going down my gullet (see #2 above...)  I could abstain from all the trigger foods that are keeping me in Oprah's neighborhood like Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles and Panera Baguette with butter and Hood Fenway Fudge Ice cream...

Or could I?  Am I able to control what foods I poke my snout into any more than your average Wilbur?  (Charlotte said it best... "Some Pig!")

And as for the sty.   Each day when my children leave for school, I look around at my home with the piles of school papers, endless receipts, bits of Legos and Transformers and dirty laundry and I think "Ah HAH!  Today is the day I will buckle down and clean this place and then when my husband comes home he will see that I've been busy and not just watching a very special Law& Order mini-marathon!  Today is the day that I will BREAK FREE!"

A short time later, I am diverted by something funny on the internet, and out come the sour cream and onion Ruffles, and here come my kids off the bus, and they have homework and taekwondo and dinner to be made and before you know it I'm back where I started at the beginning of the day.  Sigh

Oink Oink

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Oprah is 5'0", which is about the only height that makes sense for her proported weight.

    ReplyDelete